Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Bits and Pieces: March and April

We stayed home.

Some days were good, some were terrible. Most were a little bit of both.

We have a sort of routine, with distance learning and fresh air breaks. I keep forgetting to make Clare practice the piano. I bought Christopher a basketball and Clare some new books.  I have heard the Frozen 2 soundtrack approximately 1,283,481 times.

My weekly trip to the grocery store (and sometimes the liquor store) is my only time alone. I wear a mask and keep my distance from other shoppers. Going right after the time reserved for the more vulnerable population works well. The store is not crowded and there is toilet paper.

Small things I am grateful for right now: warmer weather, Zoom, Facebook Messenger Kids, deck furniture, scooters and bikes.

Big things I am grateful for right now: my family is still healthy (knock on wood), and the people I know who had the virus have recovered. Also, Ben was was not among those furloughed at his company.

Nature scavenger hunt at Crosby Farms.

Putting him to work.

The Stone Arch Bridge and Mighty Mississippi. It wasn't too crowded on a cold April day. I also saw my first Robin of the year!

Home school. 

The kids had fun dyeing eggs.

Milestone! Christopher lost his first tooth on a beautiful day at the Sculpture Gardens! The Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny came on the same night. Luckily, Social Distancing guidelines don't apply to mythical creatures.

We had a nice Easter, but missed my friend Heather's annual brunch and our traditional family Easter dinner.





In typical Minnesota whiplash weather fashion, we went sledding just two days after basking in the sun at the Sculpture Gardens.

Christopher created this face for home school art. Very current.

Clare and Ben saw a Bald Eagle while they were running by the river.

The Facebook Portal has been a lifesaver - the kids have fun playing games with their grandparents! (Meema Jo pictured here.)

Cheers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment