Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Things I No Longer Do

Now that I am a stay-at-home mom, a few things have changed. I no longer do any of the following:

1. Pluck my eyebrows, put product in my hair, or wear make up of any kind on a regular basis. Sometimes I even forget to put on deodorant. Don't worry, I still shower.

2. Leave the dishes in a pile on the counter for Ben to do. I do dishes after every meal.

3. Shower in the morning.

4. Spend all day Saturday cleaning. I now spread it out throughout the week. At least, I did until recently.

5. Wear shoes other than flip flops (also due to being pregnant).

6. Wake up to an alarm (unless you count Clare).

7.  Have regular conversations with someone older than two between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.

8. Keep track of deadlines, proposals, and emails. Now I keep track of whether or not Clare has pooped that day and if I've changed the sheets recently (spoiler alert: I haven't). Oh, and the contents of my refrigerator.

9. Pay attention to what day of the week it is. Once Clare has more activities this will probably start to matter again.

10. Watch TV shows for adults. I now watch Elmo. Lots of Elmo.  (And I've discovered that Big Bird is actually pretty stupid. Elmo at least has some self awareness. Yes, I know they are just puppets. This is my life now.)

So is this good or bad? Am I happy or bored or depressed? I'll have to get back to you on that. Probably around mid-November, when I am dealing with a 2-year-old and an infant all day long by myself. I will likely have dropped the showers from my routine at that point.

2 comments:

  1. Katie and I were talking about how you're on a roll with your posting lately. Hilarious, snarky, clever and honest! I assume it's from being 40 weeks and over it. We'll miss you when you're too busy with two to post this often!

    On a serious note, it's always good to check in with yourself about how you feel about things. It seems like you're doing just great though!

    ReplyDelete