Sunday, January 16, 2011

Twenty Weeks

Sometimes I still can't believe there is an actual, growing, living thing inside of me. Even though I see it in the pictures and feel it kicking. And my stomach is getting bigger by the minute. Okay, I guess I can believe it, but it is still hard to wrap my head around how much our lives are about to change. I don't think I really will understand it until The Peanut is actually here, but I will say it is a good thing we get 9 months to try to prepare for the arrival of a new human.

When I first found out I was pregnant, I was excited, but extremely apprehensive. We had some setbacks before successfully creating The Peanut. I had an early ultrasound at 6 weeks. This was one of the most nerve wracking days of my life. But, we saw a tiny, flickering speck on the screen, which we were assured was a baby.

During the first trimester, I was incredibly tired and nauseous. It is amazing how that tiny little dot can make you soooo tired. B. and I decided to put off buying anything or even figuring out what we needed until after holidays, because I was just too. overwhelmed. Well, here we are - the holidays are most definitely over, so we're really going to have start doing some stuff. Luckily, I already have one very important thing - a baby-sized Green Bay Packer's sweatshirt.

I meant to start writing here months ago, so I don't know if that bodes well for my future commitment to this space. However, I wanted to have a record of what I am going through, and more importantly, a place to post pictures once The Peanut is born for all of our family and friends who live far away and who we don't get to see often enough. Here we go!



Peanut at 20 weeks. Hopefully it will look less like Skeletor when it is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment