Monday, September 11, 2017

First Day of Preschool



Christopher was nervous yesterday. He said he didn't want to go to preschool. "I changed my mind, Emily," he told me. (He calls me Emily almost all of the time these days.) Then I mentioned the gym at the school. He stopped crying. He looked at me and said, "Oh. A gym? I was hoping there would be a gym." And that was that. This morning he ate his special breakfast of zucchini bread and was ready when it was time to leave for school. He bounded in, excited and ready to play. 

I got a little teary eyed leaving my sweet boy at school. I knew he was going to have a great day, though. And this is just the start of a new era of free time for me. Josie and I went to the Y and Starbucks. Soon, I won't be watching Josie anymore and I'll have three mornings to myself. It will be glorious. The only downside: right now, Josie and Christopher are happily playing while I write this. I'll have to find something to entertain him in the afternoons after his cousin is in daycare.

In the meantime, I am so glad we found Christopher's great little preschool.  It is in the basement of the church, and the teachers are wonderful. I think it's going to be a great year.

Freddy Fox came along, too.

He didn't want to leave.


2 comments:

  1. There are so many things in this short post to comment on.

    1. HE CALLS YOU EMILY. I'm dying.
    2. No more Josie? Is this a new development?
    3. Three mornings to YOURSELF. I'm so happy for you. You deserve this!
    4. After two months of crying when we dropped him off at preschool, Mason then started crying when we picked him up because he didn't want to leave. I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's going to be a great year, too. :)

    ReplyDelete