Friday, July 4, 2014

Nine Months



Okay, I know he's not really saying Mama, but it sounds like he is. And it is especially heart wrenching when he is crying while saying, "Mamamamama!" He also says "ooh," a lot, especially when he sees something new or interesting - and just about everything he sees is new or interesting to him.

His favorite book is "Goodnight Moon." He smiles from ear to ear when I pull it out to read to him before bed. He studies the pages carefully, and turns to grin at me, like he's thinking, "Wow, I can't believe I get to look at this!" Babies are funny.

He crawls, but not much. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, and drags himself across the floor toward his toys. His preferred method of movement is rolling. He rolls and rolls and rolls.

Clare is taking a music class, and Christopher gets in on the action, too. He dances. He plays a drum. He stares in awe at the music teacher.

He gets very upset when something is taken away from him, but if it is immediately replaced with something else he is content. He is never sad for long. He does scream at the top of his lungs if he is not getting the attention he wants when he wants it, though. It is piercing.

He is a hearty eater. A very hearty eater. That boy enjoys his food. I've started cooking for him regularly, because we go through so many packets of food. So many.

We're going to be at my parents' house for the Fourth again this year. Clare has already refused to attend the parade, but I think I am going to take Christopher. He can "ooh" all he wants.





1 comment:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You & Ben make seriously beautiful babies. SO CUTE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete