Monday, April 21, 2014

Ear Infections and Easter

Yep. Christopher has an ear infection. He is about the same age that Clare was when she got her first of many, many ear infections. I am hoping he won't go down that same road, but if he does at least we already have an ENT, right? 

Anyway, happy Easter! We spent Easter at my parents' house (or the cuckoo house, as Clare calls it). We spent much of Friday night and Saturday dealing with a very sad baby. It was still a nice visit, though. My brother and sister-in-law were also there. Clare was thrilled to spend time with her aunt and uncle. In fact, there were several times when I came into a room while she was busy talking to someone and she told me to leave. I am second rate compared to her grandparents and Uncle Robby and Aunt Andri.

We took Clare to the children's museum in Madison. We played outside. We colored eggs. We ate good food. We talked. We drank wine. What else could you ask for in a holiday weekend? (Well, I suppose you could ask for it to be free of a trip to urgent care, but it is what it is.)

I hope everyone else had a good Easter, and that the Easter Bunny brought you lots of delicious chocolate. I, for one, cannot get enough of the Cadbury eggs, be they creme, chocolate or caramel. Good thing I have a dentist appointment in May.



Clare was thrilled with her Easter basket, especially the "egg surprises."


Buddies.


"My ears hurt, Mom!"



2 comments:

  1. UGH. We have another ear infection too. Or, it's still the same one from a month ago (because apparently the dosage from last time was HALF what it should've been!). So sad. Dumb colds and ears. You're my expert though, so I'll probably be hitting you up for advice if this keeps happening! And an ENT referral!

    Happy weekend - it was beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Christopher was battling an ear infection, but glad you had a nice visit at your parents' house!! Such a cute photo of the kiddos in their "Sunday best." :) P.S. My favorite Easter candy = Cadbury mini eggs & Starburst jellybeans. I'm hoping the kids don't realize that their stash is slowly disappearing ...

    ReplyDelete