Sunday, January 5, 2014

Three Months (And One Day)



You guys. This winter! THIS WINTER. I am not sure I am going to make it. We are all antsy, tired of being trapped inside. It makes Clare bratty. It makes me crabby. It makes Christopher...well, Christopher doesn't know the difference. We try to get out of the house every day, but a HIGH of -12? COME ON.

Ahem. I know, I am a cliche. Complaining about the weather! Maybe I should complain about Christopher's sleep schedule now. How it varies wildly - we never know what we're going to get. Seven and a half hours in a row? Great, I'll take it! Only 2 hours in a row? No, thank you. This is not cliche at all.

Clare did have a funny comment the other day. We were discussing the ride she went on at the play area at Rosedale Mall. "Christopher doesn't go on rides," she announced. "All he does is cry and drink milk."

In reality, though, Christopher doesn't cry that much. He is usually a very happy baby. So at least when he is up at 3 a.m., he is grinning at me rather than crying. He is a spitter, but a happy spitter. He is starting to get hair - light brown. His eyes are a deep blue. He weighs well over 15 pounds, close to bursting out of his six month clothes. He is so alert, babbling constantly. I just know he has something to say. You can see it in his eyes. He continues to adore his sister. He is a little flirt, too, charming all of the women in my ECFE class with his smile.

His heart is doing well. His blood pressure is still slightly high, but we are slowly weaning him off the blood pressure medication. He doesn't go back to the cardiologist until March.

He rolled over for the first time today. Clare didn't do that until she was four months old. Of course, Christopher is bigger than Clare was at 4 months. And 5 months. And 6 months.

The other day I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day. Clare and Christopher were on my bed. He was fussing, and she said, "Don't worry, Christopher, Mommy will be right back." And then she started reading him one of her favorite books. He stopped fussing. It was so sweet. I thought: okay, this type of thing is what makes it all worthwhile. The cold, the lack of sleep, I can get through it, as long as I have a few moments like these.

We had Christopher Baptized today.

His Godparents - Ben's cousin Missy and her husband Nate.

He wore Ben's Grandpa's gown. It is from 1910.  His middle name was Ben's Grandpa's name.

Meeting his future girlfriend Miriam. Also: yes, he is wearing a Vikings track suit. Please note the Packer sleeper underneath.

Clare helping with the photo shoot.

She wanted her baby to get in on the action. Not creepy. Not creepy at all.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, mama!!! Once it warms up, just a little even, bundle up those kiddos and take the bus to visit me and Jeremy!

    P.S.
    Love the baptism photos.

    ReplyDelete