Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week 20

I had my 20 week ultrasound on Monday, which was also our 7th wedding anniversary. (And the day the Minnesota Senate passed a bill to legalize gay marriage. Yay!)  After the ultrasound, we came home and ate a pizza. Not the way we celebrated our anniversary during our first few years of our marriage, but it was still a good day. It is always fun to see baby. I actually have to go back for a second ultrasound in four weeks, because the baby was not cooperating and they couldn't get a decent picture of its heart. (They assured me that this is very common, and what they could see of the heart looked perfectly fine.) The baby spent most of the time in a ball, with its legs over its head. However, we could see: two legs, two arms, two feet, two hands, 10 fingers. This all made me happy.

The Baby: Is the size of a banana.

Weight gain: About 7 pounds. 

I’m Feeling: Tired, but good. I think being tired is just going to be a state of being for some time.

Cravings/Aversions: I have been craving sour foods. I've eaten more Sour Patch Kids than I care to admit. Also, a limeade sounds pretty good right now.

What I'm enjoying:  The nice weather. Finally! Finally! Finally!

What I'm worrying about: General moving stress. I am also trying to decide what to do for Clare's second birthday, which is stressing me out way more than it should.

Movement: Yes! I am finally feeling the baby move. The first day I felt it for sure was April 26. Since then, I've felt it at least once a day, if not more. It seems like it is increasing each day. During the ultrasound, it was moving like CRAZY. At one point, it was boxing with both arms. You would think with all that movement I would feel it more often, but I know it has a lot of space in there right now.

Clare: When people ask Clare what she thinks about being a big sister, she gives them a blank look and then runs away, or changes the subject to one of her interests (slides, swings, or songs being the most popular right now). So she is still living in blissful ignorance. She does, however, occasionally notice my ever-growing belly. She thinks it is pretty funny. I am not sure if I should be offended or not.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated anniversary and happy healthy 20-week ultrasound! It was so great to see you & Clare at lunch today. You'll have to come back again this summer & we can eat outside at one of the food trucks. See you June 2! I love that you're back in Minnesota!!

    ReplyDelete