Monday, June 6, 2011

Tomorrow.

A week late isn't so bad. Except for the fact that it is hot and humid. And I have a horrible, itchy rash on my hands, legs, and feet. (The less said about that the better.) Hey, at least I am not at work.

So. Tomorrow is the day. I am going into the hospital at 5 a.m. I will be given the dreaded pitocin. Hopefully, by the end of the day tomorrow, I will have a baby.

It is funny. When I was busy getting ready for the baby, I kept thinking about how nice it would be to have everything organized, and I would feel a lot more calm. Like with wedding planning - it was such a relief when it was over. Then I would realize that this is just the beginning. I have a whole lifetime of planning and worrying ahead of me. Sitting here on the couch today, thinking about the fact that tomorrow at this time I will (hopefully) be in labor, is just so surreal. I've tried to enjoy my last few days of peace and quiet, but I am ready. Finally. To meet the next stage of my life. To meet my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment