Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mom and Dad's Night Out

Ben and I had our first night away from Clare last weekend. We left her with her grandparents so we could go to a friend's wedding. As I drove away from my parents' house, I felt a little sad. This is the longest I've been away from her since she's been born! Then I felt relieved. And excited, because I was going to have ONE WHOLE GLASS of wine. And oh, did that wine taste good.

It was hot, but the wedding was beautiful. I had fun talking to actual adults about subjects other than diapers and sleep patterns and breastfeeding. And I didn't call my parents once! (I did check my phone several times to make sure they hadn't called me. They hadn't.) When we got back, my mom looked exhausted. Clare had been a bit fussy for them, but she typically is at night.

It really was nice to have a break. Now, of course, I am right back to worrying about whether or not Clare is eating enough. Next weekend, though, I am going to be gone OVERNIGHT for my sister's bachelorette party. That should be interesting...

Really, Mom? Look how pudgy I am! I think I am eating enough.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Clare can tell you herself that she's eating enough, because she is. Babies know when they're hungry and they know when they're not. But, then when they're toddlers and will only eat yogurt and oatmeal, you'll worry about it, too. All the time worry for us!!

    Glad you got out, and have fun at the bachelorette party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the hard part about nursing - you never know exactly how many ounces they're getting (until you start pumping). I think I overfed both my kids because I thought every little cry meant they were hungry. Not that you can tell that now with Adam ... he's almost 4 and he can fit into 24-mo. shorts!

    ReplyDelete