Friday, January 16, 2015

Resolutions

I know I said I wasn't going to do any New Year's Resolutions this year, but I can't seem to help myself. There is something about the new year that makes me want to set goals. Start fresh. Get organized. And getting organized is exactly the subject of my first resolution. Now that I am out of the fog that is the first year with a new baby, I feel ready to tackle some house projects. The first thing I need to do is go through all of the places that I can close the door on: closets, the basement, drawers. These things are certified (by me) disaster areas. So that's resolution number one: organize my house. I've already scheduled all of the dates to do this, so I am really hoping I will get it done.

Resolution number two: stick to my workout routine. I really, really want to focus on this. I know it is a very commonly made (and broken) resolution, but I am going to try. Really.

Number three: read all of the books on my bookshelf. I have a stack of books next to my bed that I keep ignoring in favor of books from the library or on my Kindle. Several of these books are on loan from my mother-in-law, so I really should read them and get them back to her. Edited to add: I already broke this one by checking two books out from the library. All well, I will still try to get through the stack on my bookshelf.

And number four. Watch the entire series of Friends on Netflix. Yep. I think I can do it.

And now, here is how we burn off extra energy in the winter. Or, I should say, how Clare burns off extra energy. With special appearance by decrepit cat. (Yes, with possibly inappropriate lyrics. She didn't understand. She was too busy tossing her head.)




2 comments:

  1. How CUTE is Clare?!?! Her hair is getting so long!! I miss you!
    And good luck with the resolutions. Lmk if you're ever interested in going to a workout class with me. (My boss started a workout group that meets at different locations to try different classes ... all free!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'd fit right into my zumba class.

    ReplyDelete