Friday, May 13, 2011

5th Anniversary

It has been 5 years since I married my husband. We met 10 years ago. We were just kids - 21 years old. Like any couple, we've had our ups and downs, but overall things have been really good. I hope that continues once the Peanut is born. I think the secret to a good relationship is actually pretty obvious - communicate! We are both good at that. And, as cliche as it sounds, Ben is truly my best friend. I don't know what I would do without him! He always knows the right looks to give me to make me realize when I am worrying about something silly. Also, he can always make me laugh even when I am trying so. hard. to stay mad.

Here is an example of one of our conversations:

The time: 2 a.m.
The place: bed. I am awake because I am 36 weeks pregnant and do not sleep through the night.
The Question: Are we going to be good parents? I am worried that we aren't. (Because this is the kind of thing I think about at 2 a.m.
The response: "Well, plenty of people stupider than us have managed to raise children. I think we'll be fine. Good night."

Okay then.

Happy anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment