Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August 1

We lost our sweet nephew, Bambos, two weeks ago due to a tragic accident. I am heartbroken. Ben, the kids and I flew to London last week to be with my brother and sister-in-law.  We attended a picnic in honor of Bambos, on what would have been his second birthday.

In hard times, I usually turn to writing to help make sense of the situation. There are no words to describe the sorrow I am feeling.

We will miss him forever.

Many have asked where to donate, how to help.  An endowment fund has been started in Bambos' name at UW-La Crosse, my brother's alma mater.

www.bambostopinkauwl.com

Or, you can donate here:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bambos-topinka


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I didn't see this until today. Emily, all my love to you and your family during this time. I'm so so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily. There are just no words for that kind of sorrow, that kind of loss, or words
    I could say or write that can ease the pain in your hearts and arms as you grieve this gigantic, unfair loss (but I sure wish there were). I love you and I am thinking of your family and wishing your brother and his family a measure of peace as they come to terms with this. Unfair beyond unfair.

    ReplyDelete