Tuesday, December 12, 2017

6 and a Half



Once again it is time for my yearly interview with Clare. She was entertaining as always. This year, I was most impressed with her answer to the question of what she would do if she had all the money in the world. ("Give it to other people." Credit to her teacher for that one - they talk about giving and service A LOT, which I think is great.)

So, Clare at 6 and a half. I marvel at how smart she is. I seriously believe she is smarter than I am. Or at least more logical. (I said that to Ben, and his response: "And Christopher is funnier." Nice, Ben. Nice.) She is sweet, and we have long conversations about all sorts of things.

And then there's the whining. I could do without that. Oh, and the teenage-like sass. That could go away, too.

Have you seen this comic? This is Clare, especially if she feels she has been wronged. (She will want to discuss whatever it is over and over until she convinces you that she is right.)

Some of Clare's favorites at this age: Pizza with black olives, chocolate, strawberry ice cream, drawing and painting, building with Legos, playing Minecraft, her American Girl dolls, the History Center, Noodles (the restaurant), Snuffy's, making bracelets, "My Little Pony", pink and purple, and reading all sorts of different books. She is currently working her way through "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".

Some dislikes: loud noises, still. Storms, still. And dogs, still.

The picky eating is also still a problem, but not one I really have the energy to address right now.

She'll need braces soon.

Her best friends are Natalie, Rainie, Colin, James and Nora. She also idolizes Connie, a third grader in her class. I don't think Connie feels the same way.

She and Christopher love each other dearly, but fight frequently. She thinks of her cousin Josie as a sister. She can't wait to see Bambos at Christmas, and holds Otto as much as possible.

She is taking piano lessons, doing gymnastics, and learning to swim. She might do ice skating in place of gymnastics this winter. She claims she can do the splits, but isn't quite there. However, I would have to be hospitalized if I tried to stretch as far as she can.

She can be very challenging, but she is such a good kid. I wouldn't trade her for anything.



Note: After we recorded this she leaned forward to whisper the funniest word that she refused to say in the video. "Poopybutt."  Also, sorry for the dulcet tones of My Little Pony in the background. It was the only way to keep Christopher quiet during this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment