Thursday, November 13, 2014

Some Stuff and Some Pictures

Me: "Clare, it's time to try to go to the bathroom."
Clare: "I don't want to."
Me: "I don't care. You need to do it anyway."
Clare: "What do you care about?"
Me: "I care about lots of things. Like you going to the bathroom."
Clare: "Do you know what I care about? Not going to the bathroom."

What am I going to do with this one?

Today is my sister's birthday (happy birthday, Katie!) and we are going out to eat, just the two of us. You may have noticed that one of my favorite things to do is go out to eat without my children. Also, Clare has decided to give Katie a present of baby toys that we don't need anymore. That sounds like a terrible gift, but they are, in fact, for Clare's soon-to-be born cousin, not Katie herself. Clare is very excited about her future cousin, and I think it is pretty sweet that she wants to give the baby some of her old toys. She also chose one of her purses for the baby, because Clare has decided she only needs one. (Yes, this 3-year-old has more than one purse. I don't know.)

We had our family pictures taken a few weeks ago. I hired the photographer based on a recommendation from my friend A., and I couldn't be happier with the results. I am especially happy because Christopher was extremely crabby throughout the session. You wouldn't know it based on most of the pictures. Here are a few of my favorites.

P.S. This snow can go straight to hell. Happy Thursday!













4 comments:

  1. YAAAYY!! They look so GREAT! Britt is amazing with kids. You think there's no WAY she got even one picture where everyone is looking or where one of the kids is even smiling at her (or someone must have a nose running or a tummy showing or or or...) and then you get these results. Excellent! What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very interesting comment, and now you'll never know what it was. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
      (Not really. There just wasn't an "edit" option and I had a typo.)

      Delete
  3. What great photos!! She does incredible work! It probably helps, though, that you & A both have naturally photogenic/good-looking families. :)

    I laughed out loud at Clare's comeback. She's a smart one. (Maybe she'll grow up to be an attorney?)

    I laughed out loud AGAIN at your comment about the snow. I feel the same way. NOT YET!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete