Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 7

I didn’t start blogging until I was 20 weeks pregnant with Clare, and even then I didn’t do a great job of recording many details about the pregnancy. This time around, I decided I should keep a better record. It may be my last time being pregnant (according to Ben), but even if we have a third child (according to me), it will still be nice to  be able to look back and remember this pregnancy. Especially how nauseous I’ve been these last few weeks! I really want to remember that. Hey, maybe this will actually help Ben win the argument. He can just remind me how crappy I felt when I say I want a third child.

ANYWAY. I am going to borrow an idea from a few other blogs (including my good friend A.), and fill in the answers to these questions each week. (Or at least every few weeks. Let’s be realistic here.)

The Baby: Is teeny-tiny, about the size of a blueberry. It is truly amazing what havoc something that small can wreak.

Weight gain: None so far. Actually, I did gain a pound or two before I knew I was pregnant, but that was because I was sick and not exercising.

I’m Feeling: Nauseous. Hungry. Then nauseous. Then hungry. Etc. Bone tired. Just so, so tired. Also, I have been SUPER emotional. I find myself crying about nothing. And everything. I cried during every single story I heard on NPR on the way to work yesterday, even the happy ones. I cry when I look at Clare. I feel depressed and anxious, too. I am hoping these hormones sort themselves out soon.

Cravings/Aversions: So, so many aversions. It has been strange. A certain food, like the homemade pizza I made last weekend, will be great one day, and the next day I can’t stand the sight of it. Right now, mushrooms in particular sound horrible. (Yes, they were on the pizza.) Also: hummus. Barf! Chocolate also sounds terrible, which is sad, because I love chocolate. I try to eat every few hours, because that seems to help with the nausea, but I need to stick to fairly bland, plain food. I haven’t been craving anything in particular.

What I'm enjoying: Yoga. It helps calm me down, and gives me a little time to myself.

What I'm worrying about: Many things. There is a lot of uncertainty in our lives right now. There is one thing in particular that I am waiting for resolution on. When that happens, I think I’ll feel a bit better. Also, I feel strange that I am not that excited about this pregnancy. Of course, I have psycho-analyzed myself, and I really think it is because of two things. One, I was super sick when I first found out I was pregnant. No energy for excess emotions. Two, because of my history of miscarriages, I don’t want to let myself get too excited, in case something goes wrong. Although, because we saw a strong heartbeat at six weeks, my chance of miscarriage has dropped to 10-15 %. I’ll be happy when we reach that 12 week mark, though.

Movement: Way too early for this. I haven’t been doing much movement myself, either.

Clare: She has no clue. I have been doing a lot more sitting in the chair while she runs around instead of getting down on the floor with her, but she doesn’t seem to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment